Minor Eye Conditions Service
The Minor Eye Conditions Service assesses and treats some minor eye conditions in the community. Patients presenting with the following conditions can self-refer to their local MEC accredited optometrist for assessment:
- Acute red eyes
- Acute irritated or inflamed eyes
- Sticky discharge or acute watery eyes
- Ingrown eyelashes
- Low risk flashes and floaters
The service is not an emergency service and patients may have to wait up to five days to be seen, so please be mindful of this if sending patients to the Minor Eye Conditions Service. Any potential emergency which needs to be seen immediately will be signposted to Peterborough City Hospital or Northampton General Hospital and not the MEC.
- Gathercole & Ward - Ramsey
- Krog & Whitehead -Whittlesey
- Sask Optics, Peterborough
- Specsavers - Peterborough, Bridge Street
- Specsavers - Peterborough, Serpentine Green
- Westgate Optical - Peterborough
For a list of accredited Optometrists please see the CCG website
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Pharmacy First
- Health A - Z
- Live Well
- Choose Well
- Self Help For Minor Illness
- Winter Health
- Stay Healthy
- Minor Eye Conditions
- Stop Smoking Help
- Age Well
- In Times of Bereavement
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.